An expert in all aspects of Workers’ Compensation defense, from discovery and trial through the appellate phase, Mr. Kao was a natural choice to oversee the Siegel, Moreno & Stettler Los Angeles office.
- Handles municipalities, hospitals, school districts and large self-insured claims.
- Aggressive with a very impressive rate of file closures.
- Since returning to Los Angeles in 2002, now has more than 13 years of Workers’ Compensation experience defending cities, school districts and large self-insured which included Serious and Willful Misconduct and 132(a) Discrimination claims.
- After completing law school, joined the office of the State of Alaska, Fairbanks District Attorney’s Office. Prosecuted criminal cases. Tried more than 60 jury trials in 2 years as a state prosecutor.
California Practice Specialties
- Defense of workers’ compensation claims
- Serious and Willful Misconduct and 132(a) discrimination claims
- Worker’s compensation subrogation
- J.D. – Loyola Law School, Los Angeles