With extensive experience handling Workers’ Compensation claims from discovery through trial and the appellate process, Mr. Sheehan brings to Siegel, Moreno & Stettler his particular interest in the litigation associated with the medical cost of Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Successfully litigated Labor Code Section 139.3 issues before the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board.
- Prides himself in preventing medical facilities profiting through self-referrals and the continuous, unnecessary treatment of injured workers.
- Specializes in defending municipalities with an emphasis on public safety claims.
- Regularly speaks at CJPIA conferences and has also provided training for several clients.
- Worked with the State of California Department of Corporations. Gained valuable experience both in corporate law and structure.
- Handles municipalities, hospitals, school districts and large self-insured claims.
California Practice Specialties
- Defense of Workers’ Compensation claims
- Serious and Willful Misconduct and 132(a) discrimination claims
- Medical cost of Workers’ Compensation claims litigation
- J.D. – Western Sierra Law School, San Diego (1995)
- California Bar Association