William (Bill) Smail has extensive experience handling Workers’ Compensation claims from discovery through Trial and the appellate process. Mr. Smail has been very successful defending cases involving Western Growers and Labor Code Section 5412.
Junior Partner: Siegel, Moreno & Stettler – Riverside, CA (2017-present)
- Mr. Smail joined Siegel, Moreno & Stettler in 2017 and was quickly promoted to a Junior Partner due to his extensive experience.
Associate Attorney: Stockwell, Harris, Woolverton & Helphrey – San Bernardino, CA (2013-2017)
Associate Attorney: Glenn Silverii & Associates – Santa Ana, CA (2013)
Principal: Law Offices of William C. Smail (2012-2013)
Partner: Bradford & Barthel, LLP – Ontario, CA (2000-2012)
- Named partner in 2004
House Counsel Attorney: Liberty Mutual Insurance Company (1997-2000)
California Practice Specialties
- Defense of Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Expert with cumulative trauma cases and has an impressive track record reducing claim costs through reimbursement/contribution dollars.
- Greater Riverside Chambers of Commerce (2013)
- State Bar of California (1997)
- State Bar of California Workers’ Compensation Section
- American Bar Association
- Reliance National Insurance Corp. v. Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board, et al. 67 California Compensation Cases 1114 (2002)
- Fremont Compensation Insurance Co. v. Workers’ Compensation AppealsBoard, et al. 66 California Compensation Cases 579 (2001)