With extensive experience in all areas of Workers’ Compensation, Mr. Moreno, principal at Siegel Moreno & Stettler, has built his practice on the representation of insurance Companies, self-insured employers and third party administration.
- Founded and built the firm of Siegel, Moreno & Stettler after joining McCormick & Mitchell in 1985.
- Successfully argued before the California Court of Appeals with decisions published in the California Appellate Reports and in California Compensation Cases.
- Taught law school courses.
- Conducted seminars for employers, insurance companies, physicians, Workers’ Compensation professionals and students.
- Worked as a high school teacher in rural Idaho, and also coached varsity athletics.
California Practice Specialties
- Defense of Workers’ Compensation claims
- Serious and Willful Misconduct and 132(a) discrimination claims
- Representation of insurance companies, self-insured employers and third party administrators
- Worker’s compensation subrogation
- J.D. – California Western School of Law – Graduated with distinction. Served as Editor-in-Chief of the law review and served as a teaching assistant tutoring students while working as a volunteer Research Assistant for the Superior Court.
- M.Ed. in Counseling – University of Idaho, Albertson’s College
- Ed.D. in Secondary Education – University of Hawaii
- B.A. in Political Science – UCLA (1969)
Professional Memberships and Honors
- California Bar Association
- Presented at the American Public Health Convention.