Mr. Schoeck brings his vast subrogation litigation skills, including a specialization in auto property subrogation, to round out the best-in-California subrogation team. His courtroom experience brings a new facet to the practice and will help us continue to deliver stellar results for our clients.
In professional practice since 2012, Mr. Schoeck has has numerous accomplishments and responsibilities throughout his career, including:
- Responsible for handling property damage subrogation matters of all complexities and/or exposures and achieved 95% success rate on files in November 2018.
- Handled property damage subrogation matters of moderate complexity and/or exposure, including contested liability cases centered on the United States-Mexico border.
- Achieved solid results as sole trial attorney at trial, including several unanimous defense verdicts on behalf of my client in admitted auto liability cases.
- Represented major corporations in civil litigation practice, focusing on insurance defense.
- Conducted small claims appeal trials; took and defended depositions, argued motions in court, prepared cases for trial, communicated litigation strategies to clients, conferred with a diverse range of experts.
- Drafted motions and briefs, including summary judgment opening briefs and oppositions, motions to dismiss and for judgment on the pleadings.
- Facilitated clients’ goals for expedited resolution of cases by conducting informal settlement conferences, mediation and arbitration.
- Authored memoranda including investigative results, strategic next steps, and the interpretation of rules, regulations, statutes, and decisions of regulatory bodies to advise clients
Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, NY: Juris Doctorate Degree, 2010
- Concentrations: Corporate and Commercial Law; International Law
University of California, San Diego: Bachelor of Arts, 2005
- Dual Majors: International Studies-Political Science and History
- Minor: Latin American Studies
Foreign Languages Spoken
Professional Memberships and Honors
- Member of California, New York, New Jersey, and District of Columbia Bars. Admitted to U.S. District
Court of New Jersey and to the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.