As the newest Associate in the SMS Orange County office, Jessica helps round out the OC team with her extensive knowledge of workers’ compensation defense, employment law, wrongful termination and employment discrimination claims as well as her tenacity in fighting for her clients’ best interests.
- Law Offices of Schlossberg & Umholtz: As an associate attorney, successfully negotiated settlements to resolve workers’ compensation claims, employment law, wrongful termination, serious and willful, lien litigation, and employment discrimination claims. She also created and led training conferences and claims reviews focusing on efficient defense litigation of workers’ compensation and employment claims to educate claims professionals.
- Western State University Immigration Clinic: As a Certified Law Clerk, successfully petitioned for immigration visas, including U-Visas and VAWA visas as well as conducted training and personalized case analysis for applications under the DREAM Act.
- State of California, Division of Workers’ Compensation: As a law clerk, composed decisional memoranda reflecting legal analysis of civil and administrative law and their impact on cases before Presiding Judge Hon. Ellen Flynn
- Riverside City Attorney’s Office: As a law clerk, developed legal memoranda regarding imminent domain, zoning, and pre-emption issues for motions to compel, answers to complaints, and interrogatories.
- Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office, Identity Theft and Fraud: As a law clerk, composed Los Angeles County informational pamphlets detailing identity theft and methods to protect oneself from identity theft as well as prepared detailed deposition summaries and analyses of discovery in criminal and civil matters relating to interstate fraud prosecution
- J.D. – Western State University College of Law (2012)
- B.A. Political Science, Minor in Cognitive Psychology – University of California, Irvine (2009)
- California Bar Association (#273664)
- Fluent Korean (conversant) | Intermediate Spanish (spoken and written)