Mr. Navarrete excels in providing legal representation for clients who are typically workers’ compensation insurance carriers, to defend workers’ compensation claims filed by applicants
Associate Attorney: Floyd, Skeren & Kelly, LLP, Long Beach, CA (2013 – 2016 )
- Responsibilities included case assessment; consulting with clients, witnesses and claims personnel to develop litigation strategies; attended hearings, depositions and trials; drafted and responded to a multitude of case-related documents including standard workers’ compensation forms and pleadings, position papers and related documents.
Project Manager, Design & Construction: Navarrete & Associates, Los Angeles, CA (June 2013-December 2013)
- Drafted design services agreements, fee statement schedules, and correspondence to clients regarding the status of their project.
- Presented design solutions to clients and negotiated services agreements.
- Organized appointments with engineers, draftsmen, and city inspectors.
- Managed daily business operations.
Advocate/Translator, Center for Children’s Rights: Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, CA (Aug. 2012 – Dec. 2012)
- Advocated on behalf of children with developmental disabilities.
- Conducted legal research, drafted memoranda regarding case status to clients and supervising attorneys, drafted compliance complaints.
- Managed multiple cases simultaneously, maintained regular client contact, and quickly answered client inquiries.
- Translated written and verbal material from English to Spanish.
Legal Assistant: Floyd, Skeren & Kelly LLP, Culver City, CA (July 2009 – July 2010)
- Managed assignments from five attorneys, successfully prioritizing tasks.
- Transcribed memoranda regarding case status to clients and attorneys.
- Organized appointments with various entities and closed all office files.
- Lanterman Special Education Law Clinic (Oct. 2013 – Dec 2013)
J.D.: Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, CA (2013)
- Graduated magna cum laude
- Class Rank: Top 10% (20/210)
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship (Two Years)
- CALI Award (Highest grade),
- Uniform Commercial Code 1
- Fluent in Spanish