While vigorously pursuing his interest in and passion for litigation as a subrogation attorney at Siegel, Moreno & Stettler, Mr. Capalbo was made Partner of the firm in 2009. His responsibilities include all aspects of the prosecution of subrogation cases for clients throughout the state of California as well as managing the Subrogation Department.
- Hired as part of the distinguished subrogation team of Siegel, Moreno & Stettler and was made Partner of the firm in 2009. Responsible for the operation and management of the subrogation department, including two associate attorneys.
- Pursues recovery in cases including premises liability, products liability, vehicular negligence, and all other aspects of conduct leading to damage to person or property.
- Represents plaintiffs in personal injury matters, including a $4,700,000.00 recovery.
After graduating from law school, worked for the San Diego District Attorney’s Office. Handled over 250 felony cases during time with the DA’s Office. Was featured on NBC’s nationally televised show “Crime and Punishment” while second-chairing a complex child molestation trial.
California Practice Specialties
- Worker’s compensation subrogation
- Property subrogation
- Personal injury litigation
Professional Memberships and Honors
- California Bar Association
- San Diego Bar Association
- Current editor of The Subrogator, the NASP (National Association of Subrogation Professionals) quarterly trade publication.
- American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Louis M. Welsh American Inn of Court
- 2010 & 2011: nominated to be the Workers Compensation Track Leader for the NASP Litigation Skills Conferences.
- 2009: presented to a national audience at NASP’s Litigation Conference on the topic of barriers to settlement.
- 2006: San Diego Daily Transcript ‘Top Attorneys’ semifinalist.
- Spoke at the local Southern California NASP chapter meetings.
- Presented on the topic of MSAs in the context of workers’ compensation subrogation cases to the San Diego Bar Association and at the Certified Medicare Secondary Payer Professional Program.
J.D. – University of San Diego School of Law
- Winner of the Thorsnes Closing Argument Competition
- Highest Grade in Advanced Trial Advocacy
- Finalist in the Association of Trial Lawyers of America Western Regional Tournament
- Two Semi-Final appearances in the Consumer Attorneys State Trial Competition.
B.S. in Environmental Science – Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey